Wholesale food distributor services
With our sister company, Thermo Logistics, we offer an effective and cost-efficient route to market. We operate a multi-temperature warehousing and distribution network across the UK.
There are many different services offered in our distribution network, for example:
- Urgent food samples that require a specific temperature or a customised delivery. Our team of drivers can deliver the goods directly into your kitchen frozen or chilled.
- We specialise in last minute, emergency, refrigerated transport and can offer a dedicated same day UK service.
- We cater from one case to full load deliveries.
- We can offer our customers frozen storage, blast freezing and pick & pack.
- On a daily basis, we operate consolidated radial planned routes, covering a large percentage of Scotland. This allows our customers Scottish and national distribution, without the cost of courier rates.
- We offer a bolt-on service to large food service producers, saving them the headache and costs of running their own fleet to out-based areas like Skye, Oban, Fort William, Wick, Thurso and more, which we offer at a fraction of the cost of large distribution companies.
- We are also a medical courier, currently transporting high importance pharmaceuticals to the NHS throughout Scotland and other areas.
We can assist your company in the following ways
The Food and Drink Hub offers partners who use our distribution and storage services, a range of added value services depending on the needs of each business.
Consolidation for Onwards Distribution:
To ensure that client partner businesses achieve the best value possible, The Food and Drink Hub uses a consolidation service, to maximise efficiency in the use of the onwards distribution network. This in turn helps to minimise costs and food miles, and allows us to deliver cost savings for our partners.
The Food and Drink Hub can offer a back-haul service at extremely competitive rates for companies that are using any of its other distribution channels.
Freight Forwarding Services:
The Food and Drink Hub offers a freight forwarding service for any business looking to deliver larger volumes. This will take advantage of the relationships already developed with hauliers throughout the UK, which helps businesses get larger volumes to clients at the lowest possible price. This service will allow our partners to ensure that distribution costs are at a minimum.