Minty Green Tea and Blueberry Smoothie
This energising smoothie will give you the boost you need to start your day off perfectly. Great for your immune system and metabolism.
- The Wee Tea Company Minty Green Tea (brewed overnight to save you time)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 cups of Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 cup of non-fat yoghurt of your choice
- 22 Almonds (peeled and unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons of Flax seeds (optional)
Boil your kettle and prepare the Minty Green Tea loose leaves in your chosen brewer. Use about 2 tablespoons of the loose leaf tea, pour in the water 1 minute after boiled and brew for 3-4 minutes (longer if you want a stronger taste).
Put the brewed tea into a plastic container and keep refrigerated overnight.
In the morning, pour out the chilled brewed tea into a blender along with your blueberries, ice, yoghurt, almonds and flax seeds into your blender.
Process until smooth and pour into a glass of your choosing.
Garnish with blueberries and a mint leaf and enjoy!